This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how the Company (as defines herein) and its respective subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities (“Company”) use Personal Data.
The Company offers a mobile and electronic platform for Landlords and Tenants to connect with each other.
|“Company”||DAX Venture Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1283082-U) a company incorporated in Malaysia with its business address at A-3A-12, Block A, Ativo Plaza, Damansara Avenue, Bandar Sri Damansara, PJU 9, 52200 Kuala Lumpur and/or its subsidiaries.|
|“Landlord”||means a person or entity which utilises the Service to offer property for rent to potential Tenant|
|“Tenant”||means a person or entity which utilizes the Service to seek for property for rent from Landlord|
|“Service”||the services provided by the Company including but not limited to the Mobile Application, Software, website(s) and platform, which overall purpose is to enable persons to establish contact with potential Landlord to let or rent any properties belonging to such persons to potential Tenants|
|“Users”||collectively referred to the Landlord and the Tenant|
|“Terms and Conditions”||means all the terms and condition contained herein including the Company’s policy and all amendments to be made from time to time|
|“Mobile Application”||means the mobile application provided by the Company to the Users for access to the Service|
|“Platform”||means the platform or stage provided by the Company which overall purpose is to enable persons providing and/or seeking to let or to rent properties match with each other|
|“Software”||means the website and or any software provided by the Company which overall purpose is to enable persons providing and/or seeking to let or rent properties to match with each other|
|“Personal Data”||means information about the Users, from which the Users are identifiable, including but not limited to name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, credit or debit card details, race, gender, date of birth, email address, any information about the Users of which the Users have provided to The Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about the Users that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.|
In order to use the Service (each as defined above), the Users must agree to the Terms and Conditions. Whereas by using this Service (including but not limited to the Platform, Mobile Application and Software, including downloading, installing or using any associated software supplied by The Company which overall purpose is similar to the Service), the Users agree that the Users have read, understood, agreed and accepted the Terms and Conditions, and any future amendments and additions to this Terms and Conditions as published from time to time at https://www.daxventure.com.
The Terms and Conditions shall constitute a legal agreement between the Users and The Company, and the Users further agree to the representations made by the Users.
The Company shall reserve the right to modify, vary or change the Terms and Conditions relating to the Service at any time as the Company deems fit. Such modifications, variations or changes to the Terms and Conditions shall be effective upon the posting of an updated version at https://www.daxventure.com and/or on its sub-webpages.
It shall be the Users sole responsibility to review this Terms and Conditions regularly whereupon the continued use of the Service by the Users shall constitute the Users’ consent and acceptance to any amendments, changes, whether or not reviewed by the Users.
Last updated 06 December 2018
Collection of Personal Data
The provision of the User’s Personal Data is voluntary. However, the Company will not be able to process the User’s Personal Data for the Purposes outlined herein if the Personal Data of the Users is not provided.
Notwithstanding the above, the Personal Data of the Users, agent, vendor, supplier or other service provider Data is mandatory and failure to provide such Personal Data may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements.
Personal Information from Other Individuals
The Users may in circumstances provided personal data relating to other individuals and in such circumstances the Users represent and warrant that the Users are authorized to provide the other individual’s personal data to The Company and that the Users have obtained the affected individual’s consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth herein.
Purposes of Processing
The Company may use and process the Users’ Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):-
- to perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with the Users;
- to provide the Users the Service;
- to process the Users participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify the Users application for subscription with the Company and to provide the Users the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate any bookings and process payments relating to any products or services the Users have requested;
- to understand and analyses the Company’s sales as well as the Users needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet the Users’ needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- for the purposes of engaging the Landlords to provide to let their properties;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by the Company in order to engage the Landlord;
- to process payments relating to any products or services the Company have provided;
- to contact the Users;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from the Users;
- to communicate with the Users for any of the purposes listed herein;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
- to send the Users alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to notify and invite the Users to events or activities organized by The Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers; and
- to share the Users Personal Data amongst the Company’s subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with the Users to market their products, services, events or promotions.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The User’s Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and the Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to the Users’ Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- The Company’s partners, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The websites and/or the application under the Service may contain links to third parties’ websites.
The Company shall not be held responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
Users may revoke the consent given to the Company for the collection of Users’ Personal Data via email to us at [email protected]
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
The Users may request for access to and/or request correction of the Users’ Personal Data, request to limit the processing of the Users’ Personal Data for the Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding the Users’ Personal Data by contacting:
DAX Venture Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1283082-U)
Customer Engagement Department
A-3A-12, Block A, Ativo Plaza
No. 1 Jalan PJU 9/1, Damansara Avenue,
Bandar Sri Damansara, PJU 9
52200 Kuala Lumpur
Email to: [email protected]
However, the Company has the right to refuse the Users requests to access and/or make any correction to the Users’ Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.
Disclosure of Credit Information
I/We (“Customer”) hereby authorise Dax Venture Sdn Bhd, its affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively “Company”), through Finology Sdn Bhd, to access or obtain any data or information from credit reporting agencies, Bank Negara Malaysia, a credit bureau and/or the Central Credit Reference Information System for the purposes of evaluating the Customer’s credit standing in connection with this application. For such purposes, the Customer also authorises CTOS Data Systems Sdn Bhd (“CTOS”) or RAM Credit Information Sdn Bhd (“RAMCI”), registered credit reporting agencies under the Credit Reporting Agencies Act 2010 (“CRA”), to conduct credit/trade check, CCRIS and DCHEQUE checks on me and disclose such credit information/report relating to the Customer to the Company for the purposes of this application.
And the customer also authorises the Company to obtain customer’s necessary information and materials from the including but not limited to, the particulars of the customer i.e the copy of identification card of such customer, or other information and materials as may be required by the Company from the Property Developer.
The Customer agrees that the Company may share the Customer’s credit information with other banks, (collectively, “Third Party”) including but not limited to processing centres and other information-sharing databases. The Customer further agrees that the Company and/or the Third Party shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from its disclosure of information or the processing thereof.
© 2018 DAX Venture Sdn Bhd (1283082-U)